Have you ever walked into a shoe store, finding out a pair of good-looking shoes, but had to walk away as there isn’t a proper size for your wide feet?
So, make your issue and your choice easier with the help of this informative post. It will list the best hiking shoes for wide feet women. Let’s go!
10. Oboz Sawtooth II Low BDry
Oboz brand has updated and made this Sawtooth II version better than the previous one. The fantastic model can excel at longer adventures, tricky terrains, and day hikes. Its toe box has more room to let the toes splay and wiggle.
This comfortable and supportive unit features plush midsoles as well. Plus, the outsole provides torsional rigidity for using during rough terrain, scrambling, or boulder hopping.
One more update in this version includes larger mesh vents for further increased breathability. Your heel and forefoot will also be well-cushioned during hikes. The BDry membrane of Oboz will keep your feet dry and ventilated.
- Stable, comfortable, and durable
- Robust construction
- The asymmetrical collar, larger vents, and heel counter for more support and breathability
- Rubber heel counters help to keep a comfortable heel over time
- A bit heavy for some users
9. Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof
In case you’re a big fan of Merrell brand, this Moab 2 will be an ideal option for your wide size feet. It features a comfortable and large interior for more feet accommodation. It also has substantial support underfoot and in its heel.
The sturdy and stable build of this item is another bonus. It can provide you with a good balance wherever you’re heading. The sock-like fits will aid wearers in almost hikes.
Also, the eye-catching look and outstanding performance of its Gore-Tex technology in wet conditions make it worth-buying for newbies in hiking or those who get tired of the shoe-purchasing process.
- Comfortable and breathable
- Arch shank brings impressive feet support
- Has decent traction thanks to Vibram soles
- Synthetic nylon gives great feet comfort
- Lacing system needs improving for further tightness
8. Vasque Talus Trek Low UltraDry-W
The Vasque Talus boot is appealing due to its leather construction and stands out on the boot market. It will be ideal for your such day hikes and travel with a light pack.
It is well-priced, decent-quality, and perfect for ladies struggling to seek gender-specific shoes for the comfortable feet support. Those with wide feet will be satisfied that it comes in various widths.
The tailored instep will lock users’ feet in place when minimizing feet movement. This feature also helps reduce friction. Besides, its cuff rising above the ankles will add feet control and keep small rocks or gravel out of your footwear.
- Good shock absorption and stability
- Varying sizes
- Features Vibram Versatile outsole
- Functions well in any weather conditions
- Shoelaces are sometimes a bit challenging for some newbies to tighten
7. Danner Mountain 600 4.5"
Another top-rated product on our list is this Danner pair of shoes. Taking on the appearance of rigid shoes, this lightweight model still offers the amazing feel of wearing comfy footwear. It is also an adept item for conquering rugged and wet terrain.
Despite the construction of waterproof suede, the Danner lining still transports moisture and sweat away from the skin or socks. Besides, its OrthoLite insole will offer excellent underfoot support.
The TPU heels frame gives users the lightweight stability, which is necessary for long and hot treks. Its Vibram® SPE midsole also enhances rebound, stability, and comfort.
- Waterproof suede durable upper
- Cushioning Orthoclase footbed
- Vibram Fuga outsole and MegaGrip compound offer superior grips on dry and wet surfaces
- Not perfect for such slick conditions
6. Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX W
If you have ever worn heavy and bulky and heavy boots, you will surely appreciate this wide Salomon item a lot. It will bring the best comfort to your technical hikes. And its whole design updates makes it suitable for tackling such tough descents.
It provides arch support, underfoot cushioning, and ankle stability as well. Water or all moisture forms cannot bother you thanks to its waterproof Gore-Tex membrane.
Another aspect is its Ortholite foam and Ortholite sockliner. This perfect combo creates comfortable and sturdy footwear that you can use to go several miles on. It also lasts longer than others on the current market, due to the synthetic upper and midfoot cushioning.
- Low-profile brings better stability and mobility
- Padded tongue and collar for extra comfort
- Reliable traction
- Holds feet in place and prevents slippage
- Not ideal frequent usage on untamed trails
5. Lowa Renegade GTX Mid
This Lowa product is a great choice for wide-footed ladies because there are many options in choosing your desired size.
It is waterproof and features Gore-Tex liners. Those liners will ensure that water won’t get in your footwear but still allows moisture and sweat to escape. So, your feet will be always dry no matter what the weather is, which reduces the improvement of blisters.
This is a women’s version that many female outdoor enthusiasts love and want to purchase. The classy but not flashy design and super quality will be worth your every penny.
- Padded collar and tongue
- Gore-Tex waterproof membrane
- Climate control breathable footbed
- Has Vibram shock-absorbing soles
- Only ideal for supporting the packs under 25 pounds
4. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof
Don’t miss this Columbia product, which is perfect for wide-footed female hikers! With the top-quality leather used in Omni-Shield waterproof technology, this super durable item will give excellent protection at an affordable price.
It features a tough sole, a smart closure system, and comfortable, EVA compression-molded foam. It also provides many excellent hiking features, including great traction.
Besides, there is a non-marking OmniGrip traction rubber outsole which aids in stability and such moderate traction. Its cushioning Techlite midsole is also impact-absorbing and durable for your hikes.
- Roomy toe box
- Sizing fits well
- Superior cushioning, high energy return, and excellent comfort
- Water-resistant seam-sealed design
- A few reports about the slippery situation
3. Timberland White Ledge
This lightweight Timberland shoe features durable and comfortable materials that many wide feet women will enjoy.
It is versatile and multipurpose with waterproof leather construction and natural strength. It comes with thick and comfortable padding around the ankle and tongue as well.
Breathability is a big feature when you buy this hiking boot for your wide feet. That feature is thanks to the advanced technology, during the leather treatment. Especially, it requires no break-in period.
- Durable and comfortable
- Ankle support and reinforced comfort
- Good price
- Rustproof hardware and removable footbed
- A bit soft sole for rough terrains
2. Timberland Chocorua Trail Boot
What a nice product for your wide feet! Its overall appearance is pretty good and eye-pleasing. It is ideal for your whole day hikes as well as various outdoor activities.
The boot features anti-fatigue technology for entire day comfort. With a removable, dual-density EVA footbed, there will be more air circulation. The Gore-tex and EVA footbed also well combine in regulating its interior temperature.
The padded collar and tongue is waterproof and offers extra comfort. Its lacing system brings a tailored fit, and you will feel comfortable in this model for a long period of time.
- Water-resistant mesh and leather upper
- Adjustable lacing closure
- The breathable membrane keeps feet dry
- Hih support and stability
- Limited color choices
1. KEEN Targhee II
This Keen product is quite right for ladies with wide feet. It balances flexibility and support of the forefoot well.
It comes with a rubber toe cap that adds more durability as well as protects toes from stubbing. The waterproof barrier will keep rains and moisture out. What’s more, it has a supportive insole and midsole with lots of cushioning.
Its tread pattern is also effective on different terrains. At the shoe back, there is a pull-tab which makes it convenient to wear. Also, the last eyelet for shoelaces goes around this shoe’s ankle, so you can tighten this portion to meet your own feet type.
- Ventilated and waterproof
- Great arch support and traction in wet or dry conditions
- Excellent feet protection through extended hikes
- Rigid sole for excellent stability
- A little blocky style
(a single item)
Oboz Sawtooth II Low BDry
Leather and Synthetic
KEEN Targhee II
Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof
Vasque Talus Trek Low UltraDry-W
Danner Mountain 600 4.5"
Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX W
Textile and Synthetic
Lowa Renegade GTX Mid
Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof
Leather, Nylon, Rubber
Timberland White Ledge
Timberland Chocorua Trail Boot
Leather and textile
Well, that is the list of 10 best hiking shoes for wide feet women we would share with you today. Now, you may have your own choice, right? Grab it soon!
If you find our post helpful, like and share it broadly! Don’t forget to visit us again for more interesting articles. Thanks!