How to Fix Scratched Leather Shoes?
Shoes are a great way to complete your outfit and express yourself! Not only are they a way of style, but they will help you become comfortable as well. After all, who wants to go around the city in uncomfortable shoes? Not only will you feel the pain, but you may look it as well when walking with a scowl on your face and trying to adjust your shoes! That’s why it’s best to get the quality shoes you need.
There are different types of shoes, depending on what you need it for and the material you want. For businessmen or those who want to look formal, leather shoes are the way to go. They are high-quality, look professional, and very comfortable. With that being said, they can also be quite expensive as well, due to the material it is made out of. That’s why you need to care for it in order to make it last and for it to look brand new for years to come. But there will be times that you end up having it accidentally scratched! So, how to fix scratched leather shoes?
In this article, we show you how to fix scratched leather shoes in order to make your leather shoes looking great again.
How to Fix Scratched Leather Shoes?
Scratched leather shoes are frustrating to deal with, but fortunately, there are ways on how you will be able to fix them! These methods are easy to do and require little time and effort. You won’t need to spend a lot of money having to get it professionally done, nor will you need to replace your leather shoes! So what are the ways on how to fix scratched leather shoes? Here are some methods you should check out:
For Small Scratches
– Dab the scratches with a damp cloth (warm water). Then with a little bit of vinegar, dab it again. After that, wait until the vinegar has dried. Then, brush the area with colorless shoe polish. Use a small, soft brush and brush it in a circular motion. You won’t need to worry about the shoe losing color, it simply helps the vinegar mix in the blend of your shoe.
– Using acrylic paint, paint over the scratched area of your shoe (the one you just brushed with vinegar and polish). That way, you cover the polish and scratches. Just make sure that the paint matches your shoe color! Purchase a shoe polish product that will give your shoe the gloss or shine it had before the scratches, fully repairing it and making it look like it’s back to normal. Apply a bit of paint again.
For Scratches With Some Parts Out
– Check the scratch out and using a nail clipper or tweezers, pick out some of the loose threads or leather. You can also use sandpaper and carefully brush it to get it out. Apply repair cream for leather shoes (can be purchased in any shoe store) and apply it to the scratched leather. That is for smaller scratches. For bigger scratches, mix in the repair cream with polish to let the scratched area blend in and heal.
– Finish it off with leather shoe polish to make it look new again.
And there you have it! You can also invest on shoe erasers to help remove the smaller scratches, then polish it off with leather shoe polish. Just make sure that the products you invest on are affordable and quality. You’ll get to use it later on and save money as compared to hiring a professional to do it for you!
Shoes are very important in your lifestyle, no matter who you are. For those businessmen who want to look professional, or for those dressing to the nines and wanting to look formal, then leather shoes will definitely help you out. Unfortunately, they are not susceptible to any scratches (Just like other shoes!). Suffering through scratches in your shoes may be frustrating, but it certainly isn’t unfixable! There are a few things you will be able to follow in order for you to remove those small imperfections and scratches on any leather shoe. Now, you won’t need to worry about scratching it or for your shoes to lose its luster, because you can have those scratches removed and make your shoes look like it was new again.
Hopefully, these methods on how to fix scratched leather shoes helped you out. So what are you waiting for? Do your leather shoes have a few scratches you’d like to remove? Then follow these instructions and get the leather shoes you deserve today.
Did you enjoy the article or have any more suggestions on how to fix scratched leather shoes? Then comment down below! We would love to hear what you have to think.
- How to Repair Scratched Shoes
- remove scratches from leather shoes
- how to remove scratches from leather shoes