Reviews and guides for choosing the top 10 Best walking shoes for overweight men in 2019.
Overweight men need shoes that can support their body weight during walking and other exercises. So many such men complain about an overly tight fit or shoes that simply bite or refuse to last during months of exercise regimens. From naturally chubby feet to swollen ones, the best walking shoes for men who are overweight need to have specialized innovations that help turn the tide in their favor.
Not only are the shoes we are about to review be more durable and robust than their traditional counterparts, they also bring exquisite foot support; or you simply will not be able to walk the distance and burn those calories. They also need to be wider than usual. If you spot crucial factors like these missing in the shoes you choose, move on to better options.
Being overweight is not cause for shame, especially if you are willing to get back in shape. Choosing the right gear can help you in incredible ways, and keep you on the road to well-being. Otherwise, something as simple as an incompatible pair of walking shoes can ruin your plans to get fit.
Rating & Reviews
Skechers Sport Men's Afterburn Strike Memory Foam Lace-Up Sneaker
|Skechers Sport Men's Vigor 2.0 Sneaker||
|New Balance Men's MW411V2 Walking Shoe||
If you are dealing with selecting the Best Walking Shoes For Overweight Men, keep reading our article as following.
10. Skechers Sports Men’s Afterburn Strike Memory Foam Lace-Up Sneaker
The Skechers Afterburn Strike is available on the market with five different colors. There is also a wide range of sizes with different width selections. The traction is also noticeably improved because these walking shoes have an approximate 1.75 inches heel measurement. Besides, the design of rubber sole which is extremely flexible offers a stable traction as well.
In fact, they are imported, which will create a positive effect on the comfort and convenience of these shoes. If you want to seek a model delivering the most comfortable feels, this product is engineered for you. Although we can not ensure a perfect fit they provide, the design of padded tongue, eyelets and lace up contributes to a good fit.
One selling point of this model is its ability of feet’s support. With the professional design of insole from memory insole and good midsole, the Skechers Afterburn not only maintains lightweight but also protects your feet completely by shock absorption function.
- Classic but stylish design
- Extremely comfortable
- Insole from memory foam for the most comfortable feels
- Socks are optional
- A little bit large size
- Do not have a non-slip sole
9. ASICS Men's GEL Cumulus 17 Running Shoe - Best walking shoes for heavy men
Here are some of the main features on the New Asics Gel Cumulus 17 a.
- Make: synthetic material with rubberized sole
- Variety of width sizes, roomy toe space
- Guidance Trusstic System improves walking potential by stabilizing your gait
- Bounce-back cushioning technology from FluidRide enhances comfort
- Gel cushioning present along full length of shoe; great for under-pronators to mild over-pronators (pronation: the way your foot turns when you walk)
- Sleek seamless construction
- Innovative midsole geometry
- Less blistering and chafing
- Improved shock attenuation
- Cross-mesh exterior design for improved breathability; no odor accumulation
- Sold in 8 different color-codes
8. Dr. Scholl’s Men’s Harrington Work Shoe
Here are some of the main features on the Dr. Scholl’s Heavy.
- Make: Leather with a synthetic rubberized sole
- Holds feet and keeps them from turning or twisting at odd angles
- Flexible outsole; skid- and oil-resistant; above average traction; these walking shoes for men are good for use in varied industrial environments
- Massage-oriented gel insole with Dri-Lex lining for lasting freshness
- Improved comfort via padded tongue and ankle cups
- Lace-up work shoe; designed with pebbled leather
- Massaging wave technology keeps feet comfortable for longer
- Sold in 2 different color-codes
7. Drew Shoe Men’s Force Athletic Walking Shoe
Here are some of the main features on the Drew Men Force Overweight.
- Make: leather with a rubberized sole
- Varied width sizes; ideal for men with wide feet (a common incidence among obese men); a removable insole enhances adjustability
- Designed to hold, comfort, and alleviate swollen feet
- You can use your doctor-prescribed orthotics in this shoe before a walking regimen
- Heel stabilizers and built-in heel cushion pads provide superior comfort
- Dri-lex moisture-management system cuts odor accumulation
- Great stability via a shank made of tempered steel
- Sold in 2 different color-codes
6. Propet Men’s Commuterlite Walking Shoe
Here are some of the main features on the Propet Commuterlite.
- Make: leather with a rubberized sole
- One of the best diabetic shoes on the market; Medicare/HCPCS code A5500
- As elegant as they are reliable for overweight men
- Mesh elements improve ventilation
- Energy plate design to help you conserve energy; no irrelevant energy loss
- These walking shoes for men are designed for long-term use and gait improvement via internal heel counters
- Moisture-wicking Nylex lining; remarkable odor control
- Outsole has excellent traction
- Uppers have tonal stitching for sturdiness
- EVA insole; shock absorbent
- Sold in 2 different color-codes
5. New Balance Men’s MW411V2 Walking Shoe
New Balance Men's MW411V2 is the best walking shoe for overweight men who require walking a lot. Available in 4 different colors with a wide range of sizes, this model offers various selections for the users. The fit is one of the worthy features when you buy a product. It is not surprising that the Men's MW411V2 can fit your fat feet greatly.
In addition to the good fit, a perfect width is also a big plus of this product, especially for big feet. In fact, a good width not only possibly covers all the toes but also creates comfort to the users without pains or blisters. Enjoy comfortable feels whenever you are in these shoes, you are never happier with your purchase.
Moreover, the shoes are lightweight. This characteristic is especially suitable for a workout or training since you can move around easily while wearing them. Stylish, lighter, comfortable, supportive functions and a good fit are all you can find in this amazing model.
- Great fit with good width
- Comfortable and supportive
- Simple but fashional design
- Lack of ankle support
- Not stable and durable
- The inside can be worn out quickly
4. New Balance Men's Suede 928v3 - Best walking shoes for obese man
Here are some of the main features on the New Balance 928.
- Make: leather with a rubberized sole
- Ideal for men with diabetes
- Weight impact on foot greatly reduced thanks to Abzorb mid-foot cushioning
- Improves walking through innovative motion support design
- Rollbar technology helps stabilize your gait
- Can be worn for several hours; comes with odor control liners (seamless)
- Has a diverse set of width sizes, ideal walking shoes for men who are obese
- Cushioned collar
- Reliable lace-up vamp
- Sold in 4 different color-codes
3. Rockport Men's M7100 Pro Walker Walking Shoe - Best walking shoes for heavy men
A perfect walking shoe not only is eye- catching in design but also ensures high quality and comfort when being worn. Both you can find in a model from Rockport. A traditional and casual style makes you easy to match with various kinds of costumes like dresses, skirts, jeans or leggings, etc
These shoes feature various sizes with multiple options, leather material, synthetic sole, lace-up design, collar and tongue and removable cushioning. Differ from some models on the market; the insole provides the possibility of removal. This construction is ideal if you want to take away sole or require additional cushioning or easy maintenance.
Furthermore, well-manufactured feature and comfort are valuable points when you buy this model. To ensure good quality for the best walking shoes for overweight men, they apply Strobel Technology with the finish of EA cushioning to maximize assistance. These features allow the shoes to be comfortable, stable and flexible as well.
- Good design with various selections
- High-quality, stable and flexible
- Removable insole for easy maintenance
- Good return policy
- A little tight
- The arch support is not very good
- Poor lace holes
2. New Balance Men's MW411v2 Walking Shoe - Best walking shoes for obese man
In fact, New Balance is one of the only brands that deliver specialized selections for wide feet. If you are overweight men with the demand of selecting the right size for fat feet, here is for you. This model comes with nine different colors in various sizes for your feet. Therefore, you can choose your favorite color without a lack of right size.Waterproof is one of the most significant factors appealing customers. Because it is made without any decorative holes or mesh material, you can freely walk down in rainy weather with non-wet suffering. While you are wearing these shoes, the traction is also ensured. The construction of rubber sole helps to increase grip and friction on a wet surface, even on an oily one.
To raise comfort and flexibility, the manufacturers combine this training shoe with a faux-leather cover of an outsole without marking and an EVA midsole. Besides, the black on white coloring design is the only style available in New Balance training shoes. It extremely becomes a big plus for the purchasers who love this amazing style.
- Competitive price
- Classic design
- Unique black on white tuxedo design
- Not durable and cannot last a long time
- Not good arch support
- Slippery sole
1. Skechers Sports Men’s Vigor 2.0 Sneaker
Are you looking for a right shoe which can fit perfectly with your fat feet? The Skechers Vigor 2.0 is one of the best walking shoes for overweight men. Not really necessary to go to a shoe store, just measure your feet’s size. Then, your shoes you have ordered will fit exactly as you require.
Besides, noises in each movement sometimes annoy you a lot. Now you can confidently walk on the street without any fears of loud noises your shoes will make. Among other models in the Skechers family, this Vigor is lighter, but still a little heavy for an extremely light weight in a long walk.
These shoes provide the look of an athletic shoe in a low profile while they offer high-traction in a rubber sole and outsole as well. There is also a laced closure in the front of the shoes for simple putting on and off and improving fit. In addition, let’s enjoy comfort and convenience in any steps with the design of soft lining and cushioning.
- Fit perfectly
- Not loud in each step
- Memory foam insole is not supportive enough
- Not for long walk
We all know that on the current market, there is a wide range of the best walking shoes for overweight men. This diversification can make the purchasers overwhelmed and came with a wrong decision. Put in your pocket these following tips before you go to a shoe store.
Firstly, when picking up a suitable pair of walking shoes for your oversized feet, remember to choose one which offers a perfect fit. A suitable fit will not only protect you from pains or blisters but also bring comfort and convenience in each movement. After that, you will not be happier with a shoe which fits your feet well.
Next, make sure your shoes have enough room to cover your toes. A perfect fit is normally defined as snug enough, not too bulky or not too tight. It will be better if you can adjust their fit by tightening or losing their lace. Instead of hurriedly select a beautiful pair of shoes, let’s take them on and go around in some first steps. If you feel well, do hesitate anymore to choose them.
If the fit is a prior factor, light weight is another significant thing you should bear in mind. In fact, the higher your shoes cost, the lighter weight they can be. Nevertheless, there are still some of the models with the same functions and price but have different weight. If you care much about your comfortable feels in a long walk, take the lighter ones.
Regular walking has fewer effects on your feet than jumping or running. Therefore, the right walking shoes do not demand as much cushioning as running boots. However, it does not mean that you skip cushioning factor when choosing right walking shoes. Make sure that your shoes offer enough cushioning under feet’s ball instead if in the heel.
Do you want to go out with your shoes on the rain without getting wet? In this case, a waterproof boot seems to play a crucial role to you. Therefore, a shoe with a good waterproofing, plus ample assistance and durable soles can be an ideal choice.
Sweat and moisture are certainly ineluctable when you are wearing shoes, especially in hot weather. Before making a decision, ensure that your shoes are breathable and airy enough to dry sweat quickly.
Because a heavy person does not have enough arch as they require, a shoe delivering arch support is ideal for you. If your shoes do not have arch assistance, then you may get a lot of injuries in your legs, ankles, and feet.
For fat men, they often suffer from too much pronation and should choose a pair of shoes with additional support and stability. Although pronation is not always correct with everyone, an overweight man should always require paying high attention to this factor.
Advantages of Using Walking Shoes For Overweight Men
You cannot get fit without the right tools and foods. Best walking shoes for Overweight Men are fundamental exercise elements designed to keep you going for longer.
- By ensuring long-term comfort, even for hours on end, shoes made for overweight men make exercise regimens relatively desirable
- They come with innovative design technologies, much like traditional walking shoes for slimmer men. You are not left out of the innovation loop
- Overweight men have naturally larger or chubbier feet and this means wider feet; not all men, but most overweight ones. Specific types of walking shoes are made to accommodate such feet without hassle
- While walking is not a strenuous physical activity, obese men will find themselves in need of a good vigorous jog every now and again. At these times, the gel cushioning, foot support, and sole traction advantages come into play.
Best walking shoes for Overweight men that come designed along these lines can make all the difference.
You cannot exercise only certain parts of your body if you want all-round health and fitness. This is especially true for overweight men who need all the balance and calorie-burning potential they can use to get fit within a reasonable time frame. Best Walking shoes for overweight men are not hard to find but they do need finesse at the shopping stage. Once you have found the right pair, you can rest assured that your exercises will be productive and in fact inspire you to get back on that path or treadmill the next day.